When you make your resolution in life , you might resolve to exercise more or eat healthier. Why not add something like resolutions designed to strengthen your family ties? consider this Idea:
With your immediate family:
- Eat dinner together. Eat together most nights- or often as possible.
- Have family night. Choose one night a week to do something special together, such as play games, making crafts, or going for a bike ride.
- Hold family meetings. Every week or two two, sit down with the entire family to organize schedules, ask and answer questions, work out disputes and talk whats coming in the week ahead.
- Don't be overschedule yourselves. Honor your family time by limiting outside activities.
- Limit screen time. The more you spend time watching television or playing video games, the less time you have to build memories with each other.
- Learn about your roots. Compile your genealogy together.
- Treat your children " one-on -one" time. If you have more than one child, do something special with each child on different days. Go on picnic, take a walk together, or bake cookies.
- Be charitable. Volunteer together at a food shelf or soup kitchen, or donate clothes, or toys to a worthy organization.
- Have a weekly date night. Spend time alone with your spouse can strengthen the whole family.
- Stay connected. Call or email your parents or sibling regularly. If your extended family lives in another town, stay connected with letters, packages or e-mails. Or set up family web (blog) . These are often free and easy to set up.
- Meet up. If your extended near lives nearby, invite them to your home or out of lunch monthly.
- Resolve to forgive. Let go of the past hurts and accept family members as they are.