May 21, 2009
By making it on your own, you won't be worried about the added chemicals and preservatives going onto your skin and drying it out or even worse having a severe reaction to it.
1. Using a dark bottle add the jojoba oil first.
2. Add the essential oils start with the base notes, then middle, then top, smelling as you go.
3. Add 2.5 ounces of alcohol, shake for a few minutes, then let it sit for 48 hours (or up to 6 weeks-the longer it sits, the stronger the smell).
4. Put it in a dark bottle.
5. Give it a name!
* This is a guideline of each essential oil’s scent :
* Earthy Scents: patchouli, vetiver.
* Floral Scents: geranium, jasmine, neroli, rose, ylang-ylang.
* Fruity Scents: bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, lime, mandarin, orange,lemongrass.
* Herbal Scents: angelica, basil, chamomile, clary sage, lavender, peppermint, rosemary.
* Spicy Scents: black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, coriander, ginger, juniper, nutmeg .
* Woodsy Scents: cedarwood, cypress, pine, sandalwood.
Things You'll Need:
* 1/2 ounce of jojoba oil.
* 2.5 oz. alcohol--- pure grain alcohol or vodka.
* 6 drops top note essential oils.
* 7 drops middle note essential oils.
* 7 drops base note essential oils.
* Dark glass bottle.
Posted by Jane at Thursday, May 21, 2009 |