Nov 5, 2009
1. Seize each day. Live each day as if it's your last. Leave the past behind and do not anticipate the future. Be present to enjoy the moment.
2. Be adventurous. Explore, live on the edge a little and embrace new challenges. Visit new places with your loved ones. Take the road less traveled.
Think of life as beautiful.
3. Keep a journal. Record your accomplishments as well as your delights. Take time to reflect on what has been previously written. Be an inspiration to yourself and others.
4. Love yourself. Focus on your inner and outer beauty to see the same in others. Acceptance comes from within.
5. Love everyone. Love the ones who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Life is too precious to be wasted on waiting for love.
6. Accept everyone. Be kind and courteous. Enjoy the company of others. Acknowledge their goodness rather than the differences in their beliefs.
7. Find purpose in life. Be selfless in service to others. Begin with your neighbor. Do charitable service outside of your immediate community as well.
8. Be realistic. Set attainable goals according to your abilities and talents. Consider each effort to be an attainment. Achieve one step before the other towards stability and security.
9. Seek balance. Understand the night and day, back and forth, good and bad in all things. Focus on good thoughts and good things will happen.
10. Maintain control. Be responsible for your actions and inaction. Be true to yourself. Maintain a personal code in the situation at hand. Find common ground.
11. Listen to your heart and soul. Listen for advice, but be confident in making your own decision. Use your instinct.
12. Clear your mind. Rituals of yoga, meditation and tai chi will replenish and rejuvenate your soul to focus more clearly on serenity and happiness.
13. Be carefree. Desires, obsessions and possessions possess you. Free yourself of inhibitions. Make an active decision to have simple daily needs.
14. Laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. It releases endorphins and promotes longevity. Inner joy is beautiful!
15. Be flexible. Accept change as a positive thing in life. At times, go with the flow that is before you.
16. List a few daily goals. Meet a new friend, swim at the lake or walk in the park. Enhance your day and initiate fun!
17. Appreciate the little things. Take a walk around your community to experience the wonder in a way that you have never experienced it before.
18. Forgive yourself and others. Release your negative energy that holds you back, your past failures, embrace whatever life offers you.
19. Anticipate next day. Everyday is unique, like the blossoming clouds.It's never the same, but always beautiful.
20. Accept death. Pondering death brings appreciation to life. Take time to appreciate the expanse and beauty of your life and our earth. Let go peacefully.
21. Appreciate Environment. Take a break occasionally and go for a walk. Assume that you have come from another planet. Have fresh look at the clouds, the colours of sky at sunset and sunrise. Look at the plants, trees, leaves, flowers and how they swing when wind blows..! Look at water how it shakes and shape itself in the vessel its stored.. Look at numerous forms of life - in insects, animals, birds and human. This exercise will clear off the dead memories and monotony that kills the joy of living.
Be yourself. Disregard gossip, bias and judgmental attitudes. Life is too short to be living with regrets. Let go of your anger and lighten your emotion to prevent illness.
Posted by Jane at Thursday, November 05, 2009 |