Jun 29, 2009
1. Recognize first that she isn't really asking "What do you like about me," but, rather "Why do you like me?" Give your reasons why you like her! Do you like her personality, her intelligence, the cute way she scrunches her nose when she laughs?
2. If you're standing, sit down with her somewhere. Let her know you're focused completely on her and that you're taking her seriously.
3. As you answer, look her in the eyes! If you look away, she'll think you're lying. Actually, if you're looking away, you probably are.
4. Be thoughtful. Don't just say, "You're hot," because it's the first thing that pops in your head. Take a second, but not a really long time, or she'll be offended you're taking so long to come up with reasons you like her.
5. Think of the big, generic things- She's funny, she's smart, she's energetic.
6. Think of the medium-sized, more personal things- She's a devoted friend, she's passionate about the things she does, she always knows how to make you smile.
7. Think of the small, intimate things- She makes adorable faces when she's really into a book, the quirky way she eats her Oreo; the little things only you, or someone very close to her, would notice.
Feel free to compliment her appearance, but don't make it the focus. Instead of telling her she's sexy or cute, tell her she has beautiful eyes, soft skin, or something slightly sweeter. Don't feel trapped. She's not asking because she wants to make you nervous, she's probably having an insecure day. Think about why she's asking you this- Maybe this is a clue you need to remind you care for her more often.
Be honest! She'll know if you're lying
Posted by Jane at Monday, June 29, 2009 |